Chrysler Group published its first Sustainability Report in October 2011, encompassing the 2010 calendar year. This Report represented the first time we presented our vision for creating a sustainable enterprise, including strategies, initiatives and commitments. In 2012, for the first time, Chrysler Group issued a joint Report together with Fiat S.p.A.
On March 31, 2014, Fiat S.p.A. and Chrysler Group released our 2013 Sustainability Report, detailing the organization’s sustainability initiatives, achievements and targets. This Report marks the third year of combined reporting for Fiat and Chrysler Group on economic, environmental and social aspects, and the first time since Fiat S.p.A. acquired full ownership of Chrysler Group LLC, completing the global strategic alliance process initiated in 2009.
Highlights of the Group’s sustainability achievements for 2013 include:
Fiat Group was the first automaker to report publicly its sustainability efforts in accordance with the latest release of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standard - the G4 Comprehensive option. The GRI framework is the international standard used by companies for reporting on sustainability.
- Further identification of the most relevant sustainability areas to be addressed, and update of our long-term global targets
- Ongoing progress toward reducing CO2 emissions and fuel economy of Group vehicles
- Continued leadership in the natural gas-powered vehicle segment in Europe, with a product portfolio of 12 models, in addition to the Ram 2500 Heavy Duty CNG offered in North America
- Continued commitment to addressing mobility needs in areas such as traffic management, customer involvement and alternative mobility solutions
- World Class Manufacturing Gold Level achieved by three additional Group plants
- Focus on workforce diversity as a key driver of innovation
- Continued contribution to the development of self-sustaining local communities in areas where the Group operates, as well as supporting educational opportunities for young people focused on science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- Confirmation of Fiat S.p.A. for the fifth consecutive year in the Dow Jones Sustainability (DJSI) World and Europe Indices, and top ranking in the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI) Italy 100 and the Carbon Performance Leadership Index (CPLI) Italy 100